1. What do I need to apply?
You will need the following information in order to complete an application on behalf of your setting:
- Setting details (Pobal reference number and contact information).
- Candidate details (name; contact details, including personal email address and postal address; PPS number; date of birth, UL/Mary Immaculate College ID number if they attended either UL or MIC previously; highest qualification; and the last educational institute attended).
- Full details of your candidate’s relevant qualification at Level 5 or above (name of educational institute; year started and completed; qualification level; award title).
- A copy (scan/photo) of your candidate’s certificate.
- In order of preference, you must choose up to three locations where your candidate could attend classroom sessions.
2. Who can apply?
All candidates applying to the LINC programme must be nominated by their employer/setting.
Settings are eligible to nominate a candidate where they hold a contract to deliver the ECCE programme, funded by DCYA. Candidates must hold a Level 5 Major Award in a relevant area.
3. What happens next?
The allocation of places is expected in early June, when notifications will be sent by email.
Please ensure your nominee is available for all of the course dates outlined on the LINC Calendar 2017/18.
Please note: places will not be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Places in centres that are oversubscribed will be allocated by random lottery. Please see Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
All applicants must submit an application for 2017/18: applications from 2016 will not be carried forward
We recommend that applications are made on a PC (e.g. laptop or desktop) and not on a smartphone or tablet.