Information for Parents
For more information on the new more affordable childcare subsidy please click on the following link
It’s important that parents know what to look for when choosing a quality early years setting for their child. The setting should provide a healthy environment that supports the social emotional and developmental needs of your child. Always ask questions, remember there is no such thing as a silly question the only silly thing is not to ask. A quality setting will be delighted to answer your questions.
Some questions that might help
- How many hours does your setting operate?
- Is your setting notified to Tusla? (The Child & Family Agency)
- When was your last inspection & can I have a copy of the report
- Can you provide facilities for my child if they have an additional need?
- What facilities do you provide i.e. meals, sleep, play
- What is the Ethos of your setting
For further information on choosing childcare, Please click on the following Early Childhood Ireland Link
Barnardos also has a new free booklet for parents to help them make decisions about the best early years care and education setting for their child. Quality Early Years Care and Education: What to Look for in an Early Years Service also contains detailed information about why quality really matters in the early years and looks at how young children learn and what they need in order to be able to learn best. It includes a set of questions parents can ask a service to help determine the quality of the service.
See below link