Childcare Employment and Training Support
What is CETS?
The purpose of the programme is to support parents on eligible training courses and eligible categories of parents returning to work, by providing subsidised childcare places. CETS is administered on behalf of the Department of Education .Places can be full-time, part-time, after-school only or after-school with pick up places . The Education and Training Board (ETB)/Solas have sole responsibility for deciding who is eligible to avail of the CETS Programme.
- Participants on the following Education Programmes are eligible to apply for CETS funding.
CETS approved Education and Training Board (ETB) courses – (former FAS courses)
CETS approved Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS)
CETS approved Youthreach
Back to Education Initiative (BTEI)
- Secondary School Students completing their Junior and/or Leaving Certificate
How do I know what childcare services are currently in the Cets program?
For a list of Services click on our Cets list
Services may charge the parent additional fees, subject to a strict maximum.
The rate of State Contribution for a CETS places is:
- Full-time: €145 per week
- Part time: €80 per week
- Afterschool: €45 per week
- Afterschool with pickup service:€80 per week
Pro rata amounts are paid for places of less than 5 days duration.
The maximum amount that services may charge parents per week for CETS places are:
- Full-time:€25 per week
- Part time:€15 per week
- Afterschool:€5 per week
- Afterschool with pickup service:€15 per week
How do I access a place?
CCCs allocate places on a first come-first served basis, up to a maximum number of places available.
To apply for a CETS place parents must submit the following:
- Letter of eligibility provided by Solas or their local Education and Training Board. The letter must state all of the following:
- Name of parent
- Name of eligible course
- Start date of the course
- End date of the course and/or the number of weeks of the course
- Confirmation that they are eligible for childcare with the CETS programme for this course
- Proof of the qualifying parent and child’s PPSN
- CETS Application/Declaration Form CETS Declaration Form
For further information on the Department of Children and Youth Affairs (DCYA) Childcare funding programs, please read this Information and Frequently Asked Question Document