Community Employment Childcare
CE Childcare (CEC) Program
Community Employment Childcare (CEC) Program is administered on behalf of the Department of Social Protection (DSP).The program provides part-time or after-school care for children up to 13 years of age. DSP have sole responsibility for deciding who is eligible to avail of this strand of the CEC Program. If you are a parent taking part in a CE scheme you are eligible for a CE childcare place.
Services may charge the parent additional fees, subject to a strict maximum.
The rate of State Contribution for CE places is:
- Part-Time:€80 per week
- After-School:€40 per week
The maximum amounts that services may charge parents per week for CE places are:
- Part-Time:€15 per week
- After-School:€15 per week
How do I know what childcare services are currently in the CEC program?
Click here for the CEC List for Sligo
How do I access a place?
CCCs allocate places on a first come-first served basis, up to a maximum number of places available.
To apply for a place in the CEC program, parents must submit the following:
- 1. Letter of eligibility provided by the Community Employment sponsor organisation. The letter must state all of the following:
- Name of parent
- Start date of entitlement to childcare support
- Confirmation that the parent is eligible for the CEC program
- Proof of qualifying parent and child’s PPSN
- CEC Application/Declaration Form Places will be approved for 50 weeks in a 12 month period for CE participants. A parent can re-apply for a CE childcare place after the 50 week period comes to an end, and a place will be approved subject to demand and availability.
In the case of after-school childcare, during holidays, the state contribution will increase to the part-time childcare rate of €80 per week (10 weeks in total). Parents can be charged a maximum of €15 per week.
Documents to sign
Parents will have to sign a weekly sign in sheet. This should be kept by the provider for Pobal compliance inspections.
Conditions of the program
The conditions of the program are set out in the contract between the DCYA and the childcare provider.
Can I use a Child-minder instead?
Child-minders are not included in this Program.
If you have any queries or concerns in relation to the CEC program, contact Sligo County Childcare Committee and we will be able to help you with your query. For further information on the CEC Program, visit the Department of Children and Youth Affairs link Here